Friday, November 4, 2011

Halloween


What must be mine and Henrys' favourite time of the year Halloween ! I love doing Halloween in class because I know that here in Argentina they dont really celebrate it but my ex pat kids love the chance to create scary stuff. We painted little flower pots orange and drew on scary faces, inside I put a tea candle so the children could have their own pumpkin lantern. We made hanging pumkins with crate paper which when hung up in the window seem to shin light. With old toilet rolls we made bats and added little faces.

I did not have a chance to add photos from last week so here was one of our fruit faces. Also to let you know we have been working a great deal with letters these past few weeks. I have the children order the letters of the alphabet using large flash cards. Then I have a picture starting with each sound that they have to place on top of each letter. These association games are good and easy to do whole class and gets the children to think more about sounds and letters.

No comments:

Post a Comment